The Norwegian Better Regulation Council is also a member of RegWatchEurope. RegWatchEurope is a European network between various national impact assessment scrutinization boards. Through RegWatchEurope, the national boards aims to support iniatives that promotes simplification in EEA-/EU members states, and promotes Better Regulation.
RegWatchEurope currently consists of the following national boards:
- Norway – The Norwegian Better Regulation Council (Regelrådet)
- Sweden – The Swedish Better Regulation Council (Regelrådet)
- Netherlands – The Advisory Board on Regulatory Burdens (ATR)
- Germany – Nationaler Normenkontrollrat (NKR)
- Great Britain – Regulatory Policy Committee (RPC)
- The Czech Republic – Regulatory Impact Assessment Board (RIAB)
- Finland – Finnish Council of Regulatory Impact Analysis (FCRIA)
As a network, we collaborate to achieve the following:
- To strengthen our own expertise by exchanging knowledge and sharing best practice;
- To strengthen the EU approach on better regulation;
- To inform other (European) countries on the added value of external and independent scrutiny of impact assessments through bilateral contact; national platforms, or through international organisations;
- To advise our governments on the quality of EU impact assessments.
Furthermore, we collaborate with the European Regulatory Scrutiny Board by exchanging knowledge and expertise. And we participate in the Regulatory Policy Committee of the OECD.
The board of RegWatchEurope is formed by the chairs of the member-bodies. The board meets regularly in the country chairing the network that year. In 2018, Sweden chairs RegWatchEurope. For more information or contact, address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scrutiny bodies that meet our membership criteria are welcomed as members of RWE; others may apply for observer status. If you are interested in joining us, please use the contact details above in the first instance.
More information on the network can be found on the respective national websites.